WOMEN CELL - INTRODUCTION :
The Women’s cell JCMST was started with the aim of empowering and orienting women to recognize their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in a competing world. Its goal is the overall development of female in all spheres of her life. It also helps in creating awareness about important issues related to women and provides a forum for discussion and deliberation on a range of issues from empowerment to environment. Women Cell seeks to mould the young women force in the campus to achieve thriving mile stones of success in their life. It also seeks to empower young women to attain emotional, physical and mental freedom to withstand the changing phases throughout their life. Women Cell functions with the added aim to enhance self-esteem of young women and empower them in taking pertinent decisions. Other important objectives include giving career guidance, functioning of a counseling centre, conducting health awareness classes, arranging classes about community living and giving them a hands-on training on farming and social work.
OBJECTIVES AND IMPORTANCE
- Sensitize students and the community on serious gender issues,
- Generate awareness of burning social issues for ensuring holistic education of students,
- Educate, empower and devise preventive measures for the prevention of gender bias and sexual harassment of students
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of JCMST, BAREILLY.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To encourage participation of NGOs working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the Cell.
- To organize seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation of students, teachers, non-teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of Cell.
- The Supreme Court, which regards sexual harassment as a violation of human rights and as a form of systematic discrimination against women, has issued guidelines to prevent, as well as punish, perpetrators of sexual harassment.
- It is legally mandatory for employers and administrators to deploy measures for combating and redressing incidents of sexual harassment in their organizations
- Observing the law on Sexual Harassment
- Addressing complaints from victims
WOMEN CELL INCHARGE : MS. MITHLESH GANGWAR